Return of the Rebate!
As of July 1, 2012 and for a limited time only, the Water Conservation Office has been able to bring back rebates for high-efficency toilets (HETs) and high-efficiency clothes washers.
As of the end of April only $20,000 are left for rebates! Don't be left out, get yours now!
Rebate Program Terms and Conditions:
- Applicant must be a water customer of the City of Rio Rancho utility system with an account in their name at the service address where the fixture is installed and at the time of purchase.
- Submit original receipt to qualify for rebate.
- The completed application form and receipt must be received no later than 90 days after the purchase date.
- Allow up to 90 days for your completed application to be processed and receive a credit.
- Rebate program does not apply to purchases for new construction and development.
- Rebates are subject to program funding availability.
- City does not warrant, endorse, or assume liability for the quality, performance, or safety of any product or services performed by any retail outlet, plumber, contractor, or employees or agents of same, related to a purchase under this program.
- Applications will be processed until funds are depleted.
- City reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to change any or all of the Terms and Conditions for the rebate program or to cancel the rebate program without prior notice.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed. Do not mail application with utility payment.
- You will be required to repay the rebate if any of these Terms and Conditions is found to have been false or is breached.
High-Efficiency Toilet (HET) Rebate Program Terms and Conditions:
- Rebates apply only to high-efficiency toilets (HETs) purchased on or after July 1, 2012.
- New HET toilets must replace high-volume (≥3.0 gallon capacity) toilets in homes or businesses.
- Tank type HETs mush have an effective flush volume of 1.28 gallons or less as determined by the EPA’s WaterSense Program. For the WaterSense labeled HET qualifying product list, visit: http://www.epa.gov/WaterSense/pp/find_het.html
- Flushometer type HETs must have an effective flush volume of 1.28 gallons or less as rated by MaP testing. For the Commercial Flushometer Valve/Bowl Combination Listing qualifying product list, visit: http://www.map-testing.com
- Conversions to “Low Flow Toilets” (1.6 gallons per flush) do not qualify for a rebate.
- Rebates will be issued as a $100.00 credit per new HET to the applicant’s water bill account for the installation address.
- Customer is solely responsible for toilet installation arrangements and payment.
- Installations may be subject to inspection and verification that a high-efficiency toilet has actually been installed. Customer agrees to allow the City of Rio Rancho to inspect the fixture at the installation address by appointment with prior notification.
High Efficiency Toilet Rebate Form: HE Toilet Rebate Form in WORD
HE Toilet Rebate Form in PDF
High Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate Form: HE Clothes Washer Rebate Form in Word
HE Clothes Washer Rebate Form in PDF