500 Quantum Road
Theresa Greeno, Emergency Programs Manager
Very simply Emergency Management is management during an emergency. Management during an emergency is much different than day-to-day management; there is no time to take a poll, form a committee or consult with a contractor.
You must make immediate decisions, often with life-or-death consequences and usually with less information than you want.
Like us on Facebook at City of Rio Rancho Emergency Management
and stay up to date with the latest information about training and preparedness activities in Rio Rancho.
Follow us on Twitter at Rio Rancho OEM
for the latest information from the Emergency Management division.
These are two great ways to stay in touch with Rio Rancho Emegency Management!
You Can Only be Effective
The only way to be effective is if before the emergency occurs or the disaster strikes, you accomplish the following:
- Comprehensive hazard, risk and vulnerability analyses
- Identify needed resources
- Conduct mitigation activities to eliminate hazards and reduce risks
- Prepare a plan for those hazards and risks that you cannot eliminate
- Have an Emergency Operations Center
- Train everyone necessary on the plan
- Conduct exercises to test the plan
- Use an established incident management system