Crime Victims Assistance Unit (CVAU)
This unit was created in July 2001 to meet the needs of victims of crime in the City of Rio Rancho and to provide immediate assistance and referrals for victims and their families.
The Crime Victims Assistance Unit's primary responsibility is to quickly assess the immediate needs of a victim. When the officer(s) at the scene of a crime feel that a victim will benefit by having an advocate provide crisis intervention, an advocate will be made available for the victim and family.
Services Provided to Victims
Resources for Victims
- Immediate crisis intervention
- The CVAU acts as a referral agency for victims and/or their families who are unsure where to obtain help
- Information regarding financial assistance through the New Mexico Crime Victims Reparation Commission
- Assistance in helping a victim or their family determine restitution due them from an offender
- Information and advocacy regarding the different stages of the criminal justice system
Police Department employees: click here to access restricted form.
- Emergency: 911
- Crime Victims Assistance Unit: 505-891-5851
- Rio Rancho PD (non-emergency): 505-891-7711
- Albuquerque Rape Crisis: 505-266-7711
- S.A.N.E. (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner): 505-884-7263
- Haven House (Domestic Violence Agency): 505-896-4869 or 1-800-526-7157
- Rio Rancho Municipal Court: 505-891-5999
- 13th Judicial District Court: 505-867-2386