1. Turn off all water-using appliances, including your automatic ice maker and evaporative cooler.
2. Look to see if the flow/leak indicator is turning. If it is spinning, you have a leak.
3. If the flow indicator is not turning, record the reading on the water meter.
4. Wait thirty (30) minutes.
5. Record the new reading on your water meter. If the reading has changed, you have a leak.
6. NOTE: The water meter is the property of the City of Rio Rancho. If your water meter is leaking or if you suspect that the meter is not functioning properly, please call 891-5019.