Go To Search
GovernmentServicesBusinessCome Visit
Click to Home

Applying for New Utility Service
Water Service
To open a new account or reactivate water service, every customer must fill out a Water Service Application.  Please note, we do require a copy of at least one of the following valid IDs: a valid Driver's license, a valid state ID or valid passport with all applications.

All information must be filled in and a copy of at least one of the following - Driver's License, valid state ID, or valid passport - must accompany your application for verification purposes.  Once your application and copy of valid ID is received, a Utilities Services Specialist will open your new account on the day you request.

Returning the Applications or Forms
  • Mail to:  3200 Civic Center Circle NE
                  Rio Rancho, NM  87144
  • Fax to:   505-891-5204

Fees:  A $45 administrative fee will be charged to your account.

Residential accounts may be required to pay a deposit of $100 up front that is determined by a soft credit check per City ordinance §41.05 Identity Theft Program before the account is setup.  If you are already an established water service customer within the past 12 months and have a good payment history, the deposit can be waived.

Commercial accounts: multi-family residential, industrial and reclaimed water customer deposit is based on City Ordinance §51.12 D, which shall be equal to three months' utility charges for a like and similar customer.

Contact customer service for more information: (505) 891-5020.

Turning Service On
If the water is not on, you can sign a Release to Turn Water On Form and send or fax it along with your application, but only if the home is not a HUD, foreclosed, or short sale property, and you are confident that no water fixtures have been left open or on.

The release form allows water turn and no one needs to be present at the service address. The form also releases the City of Rio Rancho from all responsibility for any damage done by running water. If you want to be present when the water is connected or the home is a HUD, foreclosed, or short sale property, you must fill out a Home Reconnect Form to specify the 4-hour window that you will be at the service address for turn on.