- Blood Pressure Screener: Meadowlark Senior Center is seeking volunteers with a patient care background to work as Blood Pressure Screening Providers. Volunteers will take blood pressure as requested, maintain proper records and follow confidentiality guidelines. Blood Pressure Screeners work one day a week, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Please stop by the front desk or call Liz Smyth at 891-5018 for more information.
- Class Instructors: Lead and instruct students participating in the class. Instructors are knowledgeable & talented in the topic of discussion. Classes may include, but not be limited to: Spanish, Italian, quilting, knitting, crocheting, computer software, chess, arts & crafts, dance, Tai Chi, etc.
- Club/Group Leaders: Lead and preside over a group of Meadowlark Senior Center members who are also members of the specific club. Club types may include: Computer Club, Singles Club, Fishing Club, Woodcarving, Bridge Club, Book Club, Creative Writing Club, etc.
- Computer Lab Systems Administrators/Technicians: Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of the MSC computer lab. Duties include but are not limited to: trouble shooting internet access problems, installing and uninstalling software, hardware maintenance and upgrade, networking, etc.
- Facility Beautification: Provide “as-needed” assistance in keeping the MSC aesthetically pleasing (vacuuming, window washing, cleaning restrooms, rose pruning, watering plants, etc.) Meal site assistance includes cleaning tables, serving food, and wrapping silverware.
- Front Desk Reception: Provide front-line “reception” assistance either by phone or in person. Duties include but are not limited to: registering new and renewal memberships, exchanging money for the monthly newsletter, selling Rio Transit fare cards, taking program/outing fees, providing facility tours, answering phones, answering program related questions or referring inquiries, tracking information & referral data, etc.
- Registration/Cashier: Register MSC members for programs (this includes exchange of money). Monthly registration begins the first Thursday of the month.
- Service Provider: Provide either specialty services or general services as needed. Examples of specialty services are taking blood pressure, providing hearing & hearing aid services, offering tax aid, etc. Examples of general services include stuffing bags, folding paper, delivering flyers, etc.
- Typist: Type newsletter articles or general correspondence.
- Van Drivers: Transport MSC members in a 14-passenger van, to and from predetermined destinations. Driver will take a leadership role during the outing providing assistance to the passengers, obtaining receipts from vendors, and providing emergency assistance, if needed.
For more information please contact Senior Services at (505)891-5018